Being an agile organization requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. Changes in the way that people think and work are required driving improved results by having everyone’s goals and ways of working aligned.
In this two-day class attendees develop a deep understanding of the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile environment. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioural changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Course Learning Objectives
- Understand how agility can help you improve your organization’s performance
- Learn the challenges teams face during an Agile transformation and how to remove impediments
- Discover the shift in management style that a leader must make when going from traditional to agile ways of working
- Understand the leader’s role in “self-managing” teams
- Learn how to assess and foster the team’s agile maturity
- Discover how to connect values (personal, team and Scrum values) and clear goals to develop high performing teams
- Identify how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
Note that this course is not an introduction to the Scrum Framework or to using Scrum. Attendees will get the most from this course if they have been previously introduced to Scrum.
Who Should Attend this class?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an organization.
- Leaders sponsoring an Agile transformation or involved in the adoption of Agility in their organizations
- Managers or leaders responsible for developing people on Scrum teams
- Leaders of one or more Scrum Teams including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and other leaders on Scrum Teams
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.